Toon at Two (oh five)

After a shoddy opening half hour where our back-line looked like the only three defenders Mourinho hasn’t fallen out with yet plus Davison Sanchez, I thought that was a good performance against Villa last time out.

As the team’s confidence grew, the eleven on the pitch certainly gelled much better than I’d have expected with a midfield consisting of Hojbjerg plus three players in Lucas, Ndombele and Lo Celso who don’t really seem to have a defined position for us as yet.

I’m far from convinced by Lo Celso being asked to play a sort of inverted right-wing role, but Lucas, once more, was exceptional, and Neville can call Kane cute all he wants, but if a defender shields the ball out for a goal-kick and the attacker jumps in at him two-footed as the ball runs out of play, it usually results in a free-kick.

What was most pleasing about going the second goal up was it didn’t seem to alter our front-foot approach, and neither did the introduction of Davies on 57 minutes – after Reguilon had been hacked off the pitch following a series of challenges which I don’t think even earned us a single free-kick – or Bergwijn and then Sissoko.

What was most worrying about going the second goal up was the sense Bale and Dele were only on the bench so Mourinho could sub Bergwijn and then Sissoko on ahead of them: Message sent, end of the line for their time at Tottenham, or am I reading too much into it? It will be almost as interesting to see the line-up and bench Mourinho goes with today as it will be to see who wins the traditional Easter Sunday Post The Team First Race between SSG and Nutty: As it’s an earlier kick-off, my money’s on 61.

The reverse of today’s fixture back in match-week 3 would almost certainly have been a well earned 1-0 win had it taken place in match-week 30, the interpretation of Law 12 around what constitutes hand-ball seemingly being softened soon after we’d been robbed of two points: In a game that’s since been used to strengthen the narrative that Mourinho’s Spurs always fall back and play negative football once they’ve got a 1-0 lead to protect, our 25th minute goal didn’t stop us having a further eighteen shots – two of which thumped back off the woodwork – as we racked up 65.8% possession and should really have been out of sight long before Andy Carroll headed the ball at Eric Dier in the 97th minute.

It was such a ridiculous decision, I couldn’t even be bothered to be annoyed at the time, but as it’s shaping up to be one of those seasons where the margin between coming fourth as London’s top team or sixth as also-ran losers behind Chelsea and West Ham could well be one or two points, I have an ominous feeling in the pit of my stomach akin to eating dodgy lasagna.

Though maybe that’s just the lingering memory of the performances against Arsenal and Zagreb, or the deja-vu dread that we’ll do what we so often do against a team like Newcastle today when a win would really apply pressure to the other teams in the race for that final Champions League place: I still get the shivering shudders every time I think back to our last defeat at St James’ Park which allowed Arsenal to enjoy their last ever St Thingummyjig Day on the last day of Leicester’s title winning season.

Since then, we’ve visited three times, and won each one, getting our 17/18 and 18/19 campaigns off to winning starts and then continuing our strong end to the season with a 1-3 win last July, none-season wonder Harry Kane getting lucky in front of goal for the 200th time at club level.

Further back in the sands of time, Newcastle were lucky enough to witness Teddy Sheringham scoring the first ever Premier League goal at St James’ Park. Hopefully the margin will be greater today, but I’d take 0-1 again if we have to.

Warning: Footage may contain a nut of the Goon Tree lolloping around in central defence.

Come on you Spurs!

3 4 votes
Article Rating
Notify of
guest

412 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
1 year ago

Rumour has it that no compo will be payable to JM if he fails to achieve certain targets.

But hey…that’s NewsNow.

Reply to  Bruxie

No Compo! What about Clegg and Foggy?

Last edited 1 year ago by Anti-Growth Coalition..
Reply to  Bruxie

Therefore timing is dictated by dragging on till season’s end, in order to activate these conditions?

Things have come to a pretty pass… Or rather, an under/over/miss hit pass.

The rumour that is worrying is that the dressing room has a faction that support José, in opposition to another who want to see the back of him. And that Kane and Lloris are pro, and poses a headache for Levy in keeping them happy.

1 year ago

Mourinho states “Same coach, different players” He also states some crap about they are not really mistakes by the players – it’s their skill level. But who picked the fuckers. Sanchez has little skill in playing or thinking…Doherty’s previous style of game at Wolves where he excelled is nothing like he is being asked to do at Spurs.
There is no drive at Spurs, no happy fancy hand shakes, hardly any celebration and next to no tenacity in defence, just headless chooks try to stop a constant barrage of shots. Newcastle had over over 22 shots ffs.
Surely that says something is drastically wrong, but no – leave Toby on the bench and come up with possible lies as to why.
I can’t watch it anymore
Personally. I think he is deliberately coming up with this blame game so he gets fired and receives a massive payout

Last edited 1 year ago by Syd
Reply to  Syd

It’s more than possible Mourinho wants out. This summer will be a very difficult transfer market, and he may well have decided to move on. Who knows?

1 year ago

Defender Juan Foyth: “Erik Lamela goes looking for a fight. Do you know how up for it he is? When he gets angry he goes looking for it like crazy. He has offered to fight me a couple times in training and the heat of the moment. I am not the only one.” [90 Min]

I bloody love Coco.

1 year ago

Sometimes he overdoes it, but if the rest of our players had his kind of intensity, coaching would be pretty easy.

Whatever others say, I think our deficient squad would handicap the best manager. Name calling Mourinho is rather pointless and pretending he doesn’t know his job is frankly ludicrous. In some ways I’d like to see Nagelsmann take over and watch how ‘easy’ it would be for him. Some might need to bite their tongues.

Reply to  Chauveljn

But right now Chauvey those tongues seem to be spot on or have you been watching a different team.
I love Lamela, I truly do but if we had 11 of them I am certain the manager would have to learn how to coach with 8 or 9 players on the pitch.

Reply to  Syd

Same old, same old. It’s been shite since the start of 2019 when as Unk pointed out, we had relegation form in the final 25 odd PL matches under Poch. Taking approx one point per game over that period. Was that down to José or is there a deeper malaise that it is easier to blame one man for?

Reply to  Chauveljn

Now you are taking my point in relation to Jose and the team and using a different era to make some inocuous point of your own.
I agree Poch had to go and the team was shite and so was a lot of Poch’s decisions in the end. Hence why he was sacked and Mourinho brought in.
I am talking the here and now and not bringing up stuff that Jose had nothing to do with.
Coaches lose their way or spark if you like. Look at Wenger. Strategies change over time.
Are you seriously trying to endorse Mourinho’s managing whilst at the same time slating his continued selection of Sanchez, a player you stated you never want to see play for Spurs again…..

Reply to  Chauveljn

I wonder who you are referring to.. 🤔
Despite clarifying several times (including yesterday) why I believe someone ‘like’ Nagelsmann is better suited to the way Spurs operate rather than JM, you still appear to not understand, instead simplifying it to; ‘how easy it would’ be for Nagelsmann.
No one disputes Spurs need to refresh the squad amongst other things, but a divisive management style that erodes team unity doesn’t seem to be going terribly well.

Reply to  Funkenschlag!

You honestly think Spurs (in other words Daniel Levy) operate like Leipzig? I must have missed something. Nothing in Levy’s past dealings indicate a joined up transfer and recruitment policy to me.

Reply to  Chauveljn

Now you’re expanding the subject to include Levy. Spurs do operate in a similar fashion to RB Leipzig when it comes to spending, i.e. Spurs/Levy don’t tend to invest vast sums on individual players.
What is different is that teams such as RBL and Dortmund know they can’t compete financially, so they look to sign the best young players before they become big stars. Levy on the other hand, doesn’t really seem to have much of a plan from what I can see.

Reply to  Funkenschlag!

It’s not up to Levy to identify future stars…

Reply to  Bruxie

Nagelsperson works within RBL’s budget.

Reply to  Bruxie

Well eyed be surprised if he chipped in some of his own money on top..

Reply to  Funkenschlag!

They don’t buy established stars.

ever.

I think I said that.

Reply to  Funkenschlag!

Then why do you think he could improve us?

Apart from the anyone is better than JM argument?

Reply to  Bruxie

Because he has done well at both the clubs he’s managed. He appears to get the best out of his players, and they clearly like working for him.
He’s regarded as being tactically astute, has CL experience, and doesn’t seem to have a negative, divisive management style like JM.
And he is happy to work on a limited budget (which suits Spurs).
Whether it’s the Nagers or someone else, it’s those attributes that I feel are best suited to how Spurs/Levy operate.

See above…

Just replied above.

Reply to  Bruxie

Any manager who is not going to destroy the support of the dressing room and the confidence of the players is better than what is being dished up at the moment

Reply to  Syd

Anyone?

Reply to  Funkenschlag!

Dortmund pay ridiculous fees to agents to procure young talent…Pep.

Totally agree.

1 year ago

I appreciate his intensity, but I’ve often though he could be far better if he played more with his head than his heart. The skill he possesses is obvious to all (I hope), and with a clearer head devoid of pent up emotional fog, I think he could realise his true potential.

1 year ago

Repeat of the spammers vs gooners game ?
Nicely set up for the second half.
Gary Neville said it would be a cagey match!

1 year ago

Wolves defence making ours look good!

1 year ago

Spammers clearly having their best season in living memory and we’re having one of our worst and yet only 3 points between us. Funny old game.

1 year ago

Wolves defence looks like ours!

Reply to  DAVID

Playing in clown shoes.

More goals to come!

1 year ago

Well, Everton don’t want top four either.

1 year ago

Entertaining game, Everton squandered so many goal chances .

Zaha spent the game, whinging, whinning and moaning, shame he doesn’t give it a rest and concentrate on playing.

1 year ago

I like to dip into the stat metrics on Opta and the data shows a really bad defensive performance, which wasn’t worse only because Newcastle are pretty poor.

Yesterday, the number of shots we allowed and the areas where the shots occurred gave Newcastle an xG (expected goals) of 4.3. That is the third highest xG of any team in a Premier League game this season and easily Newcastle’s highest in the league since 2016-17.

This just confirms what the eyeballs will tell you. They were getting off shots in dangerous areas, but several were botched or there was good intervention, such as Hugo’s double save. A better team allowed that much freedom to shoot could have scored the 4 plus goals.

1 year ago

For a supposed defensive genius, Jose hasn’t really worked out for us, even though according to goals conceded we are one of the better sides defensively.

But in virtually every game, we concede lots of chances, even in games we win.

Reply to  DAVID

It seems like his defensive genius is buying Carvalho to play with Terry, or going to club where Walter Samuel is at the back with Lúcio.

1 year ago

I saw a report that Davinson Sanchez’s pass completion rate was easily the worst of any player on the pitch at 68%. That compared to Joe Rodon’s 91% explains a great deal about why Newcastle had so much joy.

His chronic inability with the ball at his feet is hardly likely to improve with age.

I don’t think I want to see him again this season.

I’m with you Chauvey

1 year ago

I think the 4 points dropped against the dross called Newcastle United has done for our CL hopes.

Blood the kids. Why not?

1 year ago

I thought I’d be in a better mood about Spurs after a good night’s sleep.

Nope. Not even close.

1 year ago

I can’t say I’m that bothered by yesterdays game, it’s all become a bit too familiar tbh, my overriding feeling regarding the goings on with Spurs is best summed up as ‘meh’.
All I hope for now is a fresh beginning in the summer. Fingers crossed. 🤞

Reply to  Funkenschlag!

In recent weeks we have lost to West Ham, Arsenal and Brighton and drawn with Newcastle, incredible that we are so close to fourth place.
Rice is out for 4 weeks, big loss for West Ham.

Reply to  DAVID

Yep, a peak at the table and things don’t look as bad as they feel somehow. We’re even 7 points ahead of the Arse which is ludicrous.

1 year ago

It’s not our league position that irks, although it does show how poor the league (bar the top 3) currently is. The football is mind bogglingly bad, the manager is divisive, and I don’t think it’s gonna get much betterer with the fossilised one at the helm.

1 year ago

I’ve got through denial, anger, bargaining and just have depression and acceptance to go. Should be good to go by the start of next season.

1 year ago

Keep going r’Andy your journey is almost at an end, the depression part’s a bittova bugger, but I think you’ll find the acceptance part rather liberating. 👍

1 year ago

Next season already scares me…

Matt
Matt
1 year ago

Question; who’d energise and manage this squad best to the end of the season; Jose or Harry Redknapp? I like attacking football so I think you can guess where my money is!

1 year ago

Watching Jose recent interviews, I get the impression he’s not that bothered, he either carries on as he is or he gets a massive pay off. I reckon he will be gone in the Summer.

I hope Kane stays but wouldn’t blame him if he left to win some silverware and he must be weighing up his options, he looked cheesed off at the end of yesterday’s game

Reply to  DAVID

Sowing the seeds of doubt about the players abilities. Even if true, not professional to be casting them around. All part of the smokescreen to deflect the blame, when he goes.

1 year ago

Looking on the bright side, any silly lingering hopes of top four I had were ended yesterday and now I can just watch with detachment as we fizzle out towards the season’s end.

There’s the cup of course, but we might as well give it to City now.

Matt
Matt
Reply to  Chauveljn

We have a punchers chance of beating City. So we need to throw some punches. Yesterday highlighted the already blindingly obvious; we have an attack that’s up there with the best in Europe. A poor defence and an average midfield. So let’s go at them. We may lose 6-3 but at least we’ll have a go and if HK and Sonny are on fire, we could win it. I’d even maybe play Bale; as it’s a big game me may decide he wants to run abhaat a bit.

1 year ago

Is it me or is Ndombele not as good as everyone makes out?

I’m not singling him out to blame for yesterday…that was mostly down to Sanchez.

NDom does not influence a game by making a penetrative pass. He looks difficult to play alongside, too. Only PEH seems to perform well alongside him. I find his dribbling skills bewitching at times but where is the game changing distribution afterwards?

Lo Celso looked lost yesterday. So left footed…he’s easily closed down and looks uncomfortable alongside NDom. He had a bad game.

I’m trying to put my finger onto a particular cause for our hesitancy to get forward more quickly more often.
Relying on the counter attack is not the way to go all of the time. I’d like to see more high press and more aggression.

I cannot see a major overhaul in the offing…too many financial barriers in the way. And let’s be honest – who would buy some of our deadwood to help us generate funds?

Reply to  Bruxie

Ndom hasn’t performed as well as I’d hoped (maybe down to tactics/team confidence?), never quite understood why we signed LC.

Reply to  Bruxie

I’m not convinced the majority of our disfunctionalism (is that a word?) is down to the players. These have all played well at previous stages of their careers. The chances that they’ve all fallen off the cliff together is unlikely. The smoking gun for me has to be Mourinho. He’s responsible for tactics and creating a team spirit. I see little evidence of either to any great degree.
I’m not saying the players are blameless, far from it but I think the right manager could come and and inspire a change and get them to play to their best of their abilities.

1 year ago

Ndom set up Kanes second goal with a nice pass yesterday but most of his tricks and feints are done closer to our goal than the oppositions, would like to see him further up the pitch.
I can’t believe Sanchez is still getting game time, sorry to say he’s just not good enough.

Hartley
Hartley
1 year ago

Bourinho, one trick pony.
I wouldn’t just sack the cunt, I’d have him put down.
I’d rather watch Leeds.

HjD 😷🇺🇸
HjD 😷🇺🇸
Reply to  Hartley

Spoken like a true Yorkshire Man, hope all is well Harts!

foeorfreund
foeorfreund
Reply to  Hartley

This.
Howdy Harts, hope all is well with you and yours 👍

Reply to  foeorfreund

I’m sure peeps won’t like it, but it’s almost got to the point where losing our remaining games would be preferable, just so Levy has to pull the damn trigger!
Levy’s a farquin arse for hiring Dourinho in the first place, his record over 20 years of appointing managers has been woeful!

Last edited 1 year ago by Anti-Growth Coalition..
Matt
Matt
Reply to  Funkenschlag!

Funny you should say that; my mate was round yesterday; he said exactly the same thing. He reckons finish 8th or below and Jose has to go and that’s what he wants.

1 year ago

More fun times. I see some ass-clowns decided to send racist abuse toward Sanchez on social media.

Some people seriously need an ass kicking.

HjD 😷🇺🇸
HjD 😷🇺🇸
1 year ago

‘some’ is being polite SSG!

My genteel upbringing, I guess 🙂

1 year ago

Every club has its fuckwits. Sadly we’re no different.

HjD 😷🇺🇸
HjD 😷🇺🇸

Today? Pfft!

1 year ago

Fakk it. I’m off to my workshop. Have a good one, guys

Happy planing, SSG.

1 year ago

Planing? I think something involving a hammer would be far more therapeutic.

1 year ago

Hardly. We’re all in pain. Bloody Spurs do this every time. We are the consummate masters of snatching defeat from the Jaws of victory.

Try and forget this palava.

89Spurs 👁
89Spurs 👁
1 year ago

I’ve got a Wood turning Lathe in my man cave.

1 year ago

Jose’s comments about the players is bugging more and more. He knew what players were at Spurs when he arrived. He talked up winning the title with them. Of the players out there today, Jose brought in Reggy, Rodon, Hojb, Vinnie, Bale and gave Tanga his premier league chance. He also extended Toby’s contract and made Gio’s deal permanent. And he has two of the best forwards in the league.

But it’s all on the players?

1 year ago

Jose when taking the job:

“The quality in both the squad and the academy excites me. Working with these players is what has attracted me.”

Standard PR guff.

“I’m just here for the big payday” doesn’t quite play as well.

I conquer hole hartedly

1 year ago

I thought he’d changed somewhat since his layoff. Seemed more a ease with the world. Unfortunately his innate instincts don’t allow him to question his own actions. The ego gets in the way. Making statements like that can only inflame any bad feelings in the dressing room.

Yep, that’s what I thought when I heard it. 💣

61 Spurs Njut 🌰
1 year ago

That’s two lawns shredded, two mature shrubs cut to buggery and I still dont feel any better.

Hoofwankingbunglecunts!

1 year ago

I recommend taking a sofa downstairs by yourself, it works wonders..

1 year ago

Jose also said Toby didn’t play because he couldn’t get his COVID test done after returning from international duty.

Odd. De Bruyne managed to play for City yesterday.

1 year ago

This is hardly the point.

Toby plays 3 games for Belgium and Sanchez didn’t have any matches and was rested. This was ‘only’ Newcastle so you’d think he could have at least managed an average display. But instead he was shite yet again.

The bar steward has to go. Who wants to play with a five brain farts a match defender waiting to screw up, not if, but when.

Reply to  Chauveljn

And, at Toby’s age, I have no issue with that. So why the testing BS?

1 year ago

Just got a big sofa down the stairs all by myself. If only the players could show the same determination and desire..

Reply to  Funkenschlag!

Some of them should take up a career in furniture moving.

1 year ago

Look at Citeh, they have some of the best players but it’s not just about talent. It’s a will to win. They never stop running for each other. Pep has installed that in them. Our lot look like they’re happy to contribute a pass and then just stand back as if they’ve done there bit. There’s no unity. They’re just playing for themselves. Only the manager can change that.

Yup, here we go:

Reporter: “In the past, holding on to a lead is what you’ve been so good at.”

Mourinho: “Same coach, different players.”

1 year ago

It isn’t controversial to say Dier and Sanchez are poor comparisons to Terry, Ramos or Samuel, so maybe it was the players then that made it happen and not the coach?

1 year ago

From Windy on Twitter. I can’t argue with one word of this.

“My mentions are absolutely full of people blaming the players. I will say this: Sanchez & Reguilón were, independently of the system, absolute dogshit today. One of those is one of our best players, the other is a player who has performed repeatedly below average for a long time.”

“But if you can walk away from that performance where we conceded 20+ shots and blame the defence then you’re lying to yourself. We have no structures, but IMO more importantly no team identity or real characteristics to cling to since we stopped playing Son in over the top.”

“We could replace all four defenders with four of the best players in their position in the world & no doubt we’d improve, but nowhere near enough to justify the expense. This is about far more than just individuals. It’s so obvious that it’s systemic.”

“But also… what’s the point in having one of the most expensive managers in world football if to achieve success he needs the absolute best players in their position? He should be able to make a team with arguably the best striker in the world better than *this*. “

MiT
MiT
1 year ago

For the longest time, I saw this group of players as a harmonious group who believed in themselves, and could take over a match at any time.

This group lost their way even well before that champions league final. Poch knew it, and said it. “We have to be brave, we have to start acting like a big club” (in refreshing the squad with quality.)

Daniel Levy responded by going 3 complete windows and only signing Lucas Moura. Daniel Levy prioritised his precious stadium over quality on the pitch.

This group of players is now done. They have no faith in each other, let alone us having any reason to have any faith in them. About half of the core group needed to be gone long ago.

It is really really hard to support a group of players in whom I have no faith. I mean, I know they are done.  It’s even harder to support a club with a chairman like that. The man does well with land deals. Real estate.

But he is a chickenshit of a chairman. Poch told him to refresh, to be brave. Levy chose to do the opposite, and then fired Poch.

Brought in Jose on a prayer expecting a miracle. Jose came close, but it did not last… because, again, this group is cooked.

You can’t go 3 complete windows and only sign one player. Ever. Chickens, roost.

Don’t get me wrong. I love this club, I love these players, and I do want to see them do well. It isn’t like I enjoy watching them fail.  I would love to be proven wrong.

But this experiment has passed its expiration date by a long shot.

These players have to be broken up. A light shake-up won’t do. Time to completely rebuild.

I want to see the fans rebel on the stadium. I want to see them stop buying their season tickets. Don’t renew until Daniel is gone. They hold the power, but will they do it?

“Not sure that will happen.”

That is not an area of London with disposable income. They tore down a 37,000 seat stadium to build one almost 2x as large.

They will struggle to find 62000 fans with enough disposable income to be able to support efforts like today. Levy put this club deeply in debt to build that stadium. Make a stand, and something has to give way.

Spurs are going to miss out on Champions League again. They are going to lose major drawing players who put butts in the stands… because those players justifiably WANT Champions League football.

This will be the first team ever that Jose has coached that has NOT won at least 1 trophy by the end of his 2nd season. This is his first team to EVER be knocked out of Europa… in damnable fashion, mind you.

That is a hideous stat. A damning stat.

There are only 2 common denominators contributing to it:

1. Daniel Levy as Chairman.
2. This group of players.

That seems pretty simple to me. I think that for those who cannot see that, they are only fooling themselves, they are enabling this chairman and this pattern, and they are part of the problem.

Last edited 1 year ago by MiT
Reply to  MiT

Levy wasn’t the problem in us getting to a CL final. Did we get there despite him or because of him? I’ve said it before Levy is far from perfect. He’s made mistakes and will continue to make mistakes. I’m OK with him moving on but I need to know who we’re getting. There is much, much worse. There are a very few better but vastly outweighed by either Russian mafia or Arab oil money which isn’t for me. Its all irrelevant unless Louis and Levy want to sell. There will never be enough Spurs fans who are prepared to boycott the club to make them want to sell in my opinion.

Reply to  MiT

I can’t agree with almost any of that. The three windows without a buy I totally agree with and to me that was a cardinal sin, however, Levy was not a fault for selecting Sanchez, Rodon and Japhat in defence (although i believe Rodon was ok this game). Sanchez is absolutely lamentable as a premier league player. Japhat needs to learn his trade along side experienced players.
It wasn’t levy who leaves our best and most experienced defender out of the Europa team and now this. It wasn’t Levy who could not pass a ball to our players.
It wasn’t Levy giving away stupid fouls in set piece positions, something the same offenders do week in week out and never seem to learn anything.
I can’t recall many complaining about the stadium and infact the buzz was immense at the time.
Levy was not at fault for COVID.
I am also not saying we were not a good enough team to beat the barcodes but on paper everyone ahead of our defenders were well and truly good enough to have won that game.
We get ahead then we don’t seem to want to keep attacking. We get deeper and deeper and can’t defend our final third.
All managers know “get in and around the Spurs box and things will happen…they have mistakes in abundance”.
There seems to be no joy in the team, no companionship, I am sure he has lost the dressing room.
He publicly disparages players and I have never heard him say, he made a mistake.
That Spurs team should have won 8 – 2, (with those tactics we will let anyone score two goals).
Fucking joke of a slection.

Last edited 1 year ago by Syd
1 year ago

So we have dropped 15 points from winning positions this season, with 11 of those points lost from goals conceded in the last 10 minutes of matches.

It isn’t good enough, but it happens regularly. You’d think a so-called world class manager would have figured out a solution.

MiT
MiT
1 year ago

The only way to “fix” half a squad of tainted players and tight sphincters is to give them a complete change of scenery, new setting, with a clean break.

There is no coaxing, coaching, cajoling that can repair that sort of damage.

Time to rebuild.

Reply to  MiT

I agree MiT but it would have to be incremental and I know that’s not what you want. Even if you could sell half the squad in a couple of windows you’d still then have to find the right players at the right prices as there is no additional money.

Reply to  MiT

Agreed. But it won’t happen like that. Slowly. Over time. Let’s not be hasty.

1 year ago

After that garbage, I went into tornado mode and furiously cleaned up the kitchen.

I’m still annoyed. But the kitchen is clean.

At least the wife will be happy.

1 year ago

Important to keep busy, idle mind and hands is the way to madness 😡.

Commander in thief Sexy Beast
Commander in thief Sexy Beast
Paleo
Paleo
1 year ago

Obviously we weren’t good enough today,but the style and play of Newcastle is shocking,once they realised the ref was a mug they dived and cheated at every opportunity,I wanted them to come good for my old Georgie pals,not no more Fukem

1 year ago

Seems to me that despite mistakes made by Levy the main issue is that Mourinho seems incapable of getting consistent displays from the squad. Whether anyone else can do better is an unknown but there has to be accountability and whether right or wrong it’s always the manager who rightly or wrongly cops it. Only thing that can save Mourinho is top 4 and I’d say that’s a very big long shot, receding all the time.

1 year ago

“save” being the wrong objective?

Reply to  Bruxie

Dead man walking, Bruxie. Just a matter of when.

Poch coming back.
If he doesn’t shape up with PSG…

I’d prefer the Nagers.

He’s a twat.

How do you know that?

Reply to  Funkenschlag!

By looking at his wardrobe.

Thought so.

Reply to  Funkenschlag!

If RBL beat Bayern then I may agree with you.

The league?

Of course.

Reply to  Bruxie

That would be an amazing result considering the disparity between the two teams, players and budget.

Leicester did it.

Reply to  Bruxie

I didn’t say it was impossible, just a helluva achievement. My preference for the Nagers is based on his ability to work with up and coming talent, and knowing how to work to a tight budget.
Whether he’d be a success is anyone’s guess.

1 year ago

Not even sure we deserve top 4 anyway.

So…Mr. Bond.

Who does besides Citeh?

Reply to  Funkenschlag!

Twas thinking the same, Cas. You should earn the right to get into the CL. Not bumble along like a drunk trying to find his way home.

Paleo
Paleo
1 year ago

I was in the fucking Nile

Reply to  Paleo

You knew deep down Paleo, but hope is a fucker at times.

1 year ago

Come back interlull, all is forgiven.

1 year ago

PSG have now lost three home league games in a row for the first time in 14 years.

I’m afraid Poch has spread the Spursy with his luggage to Paris….

Poch in danger of failing to win in a one horse race.

Reply to  Chauveljn

Cannot work with superstars.

Neymar sent off.

We did wonder.

Reply to  Chauveljn

If he fails to win the title for the first time in four seasons he’ll get sacked.

1 year ago

A result that doesn’t surprise anyone. We’re limping towards the end of the season. Clearly players already looking for their beach towels. Make em have a coupla weeks in Jaywick.

1 year ago

I reckon your son is now your alternative sofa.

*Sonfa..

Reply to  Bruxie

Haha, new IKEA kitchen to fit in a few weeks. Should keep me nicely occupied until the end of the season. Blessing in disguise 😏.

mystic arnold
mystic arnold

At the caravan park..

Commander in thief Sexy Beast
Commander in thief Sexy Beast
1 year ago

With no UCL income next season Levy will have to listen to offers for Kane, when he said he’s gonna wait until after the Euros to make a decision on his future the writing is on the wall.
We will be at the same level this time next year as we were before Redshnapps took over.
Sacking Pooch looking more and more like a disastrous decision.
Levy for me is a brilliant businessman and clearly a very smart cookie, that though is his downfall as he thinks he knows more about elite level football than he actually does.
Three transfer windows only signing Lucas caught up with the squad two years ago and the togetherness looks to have long gone.
Pooch’s press conference after the win in Ajax said it all to me, they had just qualified for the Champions League Final and a journo ask if HK would be fit for the final and he got up and walked out. Squad harmony was the most important thing to Pooch and it’s now long gone.

1 year ago

That result had nothing to do with either Levy.

Sanchez was a Poch buy.

Reply to  Bruxie

And José specifically nailed that Davinson Sanchez was Ajax’s weak link when his United side beat them to win the Europa.

Reply to  Chauveljn

The squad stopped playing for Poch long before he departed, he had to go . Sanchez is not a decent defender and suspect he never will be.
We don’t control games, Newcastle had 22 goal attempts, twenty fecking 2!

1 year ago

I have never, ever seen a more woeful defensive display by one player.

Sanchez.

Reply to  Bruxie

How many chances to embarrass himself and us?

I should think Mourinho’s biggest battle is to persuade Levy to dump the 38 million pound failure.

Reply to  Bruxie

If this is the best Ledley can do as a coach…he can bugger off too.

1 year ago

The inaugural Europa Conference beckons us like an inevitable whirlpool of misery. We can’t break free from our fate.

1617549217090.jpg
1 year ago

Recorded it, any point in watching or just wait for motd?

1 year ago

Watch the ten minutes before half time and then wipe the rest.

Thanks chauv

Nagelsmann!!

TCY
TCY
1 year ago

Seppuku for me. Watching Spurs.

Reply to  TCY

Not with an HB? 😮

61 Spurs Njut 🌰
1 year ago

Two and half years of this shit.

foeorfreund
foeorfreund

Yep.

1 year ago

If u can’t beat Newcastle you may as well give up.
Suspect Kane is even more pissed off than we are.

Reply to  DAVID

It was the number of passes that failed to find the runner. Son put it behind Kane and I thought, this ain’t happening folks.

Reply to  Chauveljn

Lamella should have played Son in on goal just before they scored, he dallied and then passed to Kane who hit the post. So difficult for them to do the simple things.

Reply to  DAVID

1 year ago

Over to you West Ham. Perhaps you want top four? Because our lot can’t fight their way out of a wet paper bag.

61 Spurs Njut 🌰
1 year ago

I’m really not in a mind to watch any more this season.

foeorfreund
foeorfreund
1 year ago

I get more joy out of sudoku.

Reply to  foeorfreund

Do you try killer sudoku?

foeorfreund
foeorfreund

Yep, that’s my game.

Reply to  foeorfreund

Time consuming, all that adding up. I have to use a pencil to rub out mistakes.

1 year ago

‘Plus ça change, plus c’est la même chose.’

61 Spurs Njut 🌰

Hoofwankingbunglecunts.

Commander in thief Sexy Beast
Commander in thief Sexy Beast
1 year ago

When Hugo was questioning the spirit in the squad the other night, right there was all the information Needed.

Flat Oeuf
Flat Oeuf

foeorfreund
foeorfreund
1 year ago

Another weekend ruined. Why do we do it to ourselves.

Reply to  foeorfreund

Not completely ruined, I have some carroty orange cake waiting in the wings.

412
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
x