Interborefestlull. The empty stadium, the performance and the scoreline sum it all up pretty perfectly, nuff said.
Still, what an opportunity to forget the stadium debacle, the injury list and the below par performances and test your Tottenham knowledge with a fun-filled Spurs quiz!
Now you guys need to work with me a bit here, as much as I’ve tried to give the questions a reasonable level of difficulty, it’s blatantly obvs that we can all be Mastermind genius’s with the help of our pal, Google. So cheat if you want to, but you’re only cheating yourself. And your fellow Oeufers. And me. And god.
And no shouting from the back of the classroom (yes, McG, I’m talking to you), I’m more than happy for you all to discuss and debate the questions, but I’ll only be selecting the winner from a post that includes the correct answers to ALL questions.
And what does the extremely bloody clever winner of this quiz receive? There is a prize, and you’ll all be pleased to know that it’s football related. Yes, I am pleased to confirm that the prize for the lucky winner is the F.A, or more accurately, the sweet F.A.
Now put your phones away, spit out that gum, stop chatting, sharpen your pencils and get ready…..
- Brexit, eh? Please feel free to applaud, hiss and boo, or just shrug your shoulders. Whatever your position, it’s quite clear that over our history, Tottenham have benefited from players who originated from countries within the European Union. But what official and current membership countries within the EU have never had one of their nationals play for the mighty Spurs?
- We’ve had some bloody great goalscorers in our history. Names roll easily off the tongue, Greaves, Chivers, Smith, and more recently the likes of Defoe, Sheringham and Kane. But of all the players that have scored more than 100 goals for the Lillywhites, which player took the highest amount of appearances to get to their centennial milestone?
- In my formative Tottenham supporting years, my matchday itinerary included a pre-match and post-match visit to what for me was a very special place, a members only club on the Paxton Road. We weren’t members, but me and Dad would enter through the kitchens at the back. For a Spurs-mad youngster, this was a place of dreams where I met most of the Tottenham players of the time, as well as historical legends, and my dad knew everyone, which made me feel a part of it all. The jumbo sausage, chips and beans were also memorable. What was the name of this club? Warning…you will be spellchecked.
- Toby, Toby Toby, Toby Toby, Toby Alderweireld! Jan Jan, Jan Jan Jan Jan, Jan Jan Jan Jan, Jan Jan Jan Vertonghen! We are currently blessed with some of Belgium’s greatest players in Tobes, Jan and Mousa, but we’ve had three other Belgians grace our hallowed turf. Name ’em.
- In recent history, we’ve had more managers than I can count on all 11 fingers. In fact, in the 120 years since Tottenham football managers became a thang, there were only 13 managers in the first 60 years, but then 25 in the last 60 years. Which manager has had the longest total tenancy?
Good luck on your Spursquest.